Powers & Duties
Powers & Duties of the SAI PRIYA WELFARE ASSCOCIATION office bearers:
a) He / She shall preside all the meetings of general body and governing body.
b) In case of equality of votes in any meetings, he/she shall tender his/her casting vote.
c) He / She shall supervise work of other office bearers from time to time.
In the absence of the President the Vice-President shall enjoy all powers and duties which are entrusted to the President. He / She will also assist to the President in his/her duties from time to time.
a) He / She shall represent the society in public and private offices
b) He / She shall keep all types of records of the society including the register of members containing their names, addresses and other brief particulars.
c) He / She shall undertake all types of correspondence on behalf of the society.
d) He / She shall convene the meetings of general body, governing body and inform every member regarding time, date and venue of the meeting through a 2 days earlier written notice.
Joint Secretary: In the absence of the General Secretary, the Secretary shall enjoy all powers and duties which are entrusted to the General Secretary. He / She will also assist to the General Secretary in his/her duties from time to time.
Treasurer: He / She shall collect subscription, gifts, grants-in-aid and donations from the members and the general public and shall be responsible for keeping and maintenance of true and correct accounts of the society’s fund.
Organizer: Community organizers work with their members to hold public officials accountable. Another role of the organizer is to work with people to define problems and issues, and help them think through the strategies and tactics necessary to act with confidence and win.
Executive Members: They will assist in the day to day work of the society as directed by the President and General Secretary.
Financial year: The financial year of the society shall be from 1st April to 31st March, of every year.
1. Source of Income and Utilisation of Funds: Subscriptions, donations, grant-in-aid and gifts from the members and the general public shall be the source of income of the society. All the income of the society shall be utilized towards the aims and objects of the society.
2. Operation of Bank Account: The funds of the Society shall be kept in a scheduled bank. The bank account of the society shall be operated by the Treasurer and/or any one of the President or General Secretary.
3. Audit of Accounts: The accounts of the society shall be audited by the qualified auditor every year to be appointed by the Governing Body.
4. Filling up Casual Vacancies: The Casual vacancies may be filled up by the resolution passed by majority of votes by both the governing body and general body up to the next election.
5. Election: The governing body of the society shall be elected for a term of 3 years in general body meeting. The secret ballot/or raising hands shall be the mode of election. The newly elected governing body list should be attested by three outgoing office bearers and it will be filed with registrar of the societies, Delhi.
6. Annual list of Managing / Governing Body (Section 4 of the Act : Once in the month of April every year a list of the office bearers and members of the governing body of the society shall be filed with the Registrar of Societies, As required under section 4 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
7. Legal Proceedings (Section 6 of the Act): The Society may sue or be sued in the name of the President / General Secretary as per provision laid down under section 6 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860..
8. Amendment (Section 12 & 12A of the Act): Any amendment in the Memorandum of Association or rules will be carried out in accordance with procedure laid down under section 12 and 12A of the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
9. Dissolution and Adjustment of Affairs (Section 13 & 14 of the Act: If the society needs to be dissolved it shall be dissolved as per provision laid down under section 13 & 14 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
10. Application of the Act: All the provisions under all the sections of the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
11. Essential Certificate: Certified that this is the correct and true copy of Rules and Regulations of the Society.
12. The Societies Registration Act, 1860, in its application to the Andhra area of the State of Andhra
Pradesh and the Andhra Pradesh (Telangana Area) Public Societies Registration Act, 1350 F are hereby repealed.